Lida Far, MS, LPC, CST
Licensed Professional Counselor
AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
Hi there! I am Lida Far, MS, LPC, CST. I’m a licensed Professional Counselor, AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, and Coach, and I have been providing a judgement-free, no-shame-allowed space for healing and growth to flourish for over 15 years.
Pain has a unique way of making each of us feel isolated and alone, and conflict (whether it is with others or with ourselves) can cause intense anxiety, disappointment, and frustration. I know how messy and complicated life can feel sometimes, and I want you to know that you don’t have to clean up the mess by yourself.
Here are the top five reasons why my clients choose to heal and grow with me:
- Being entrusted with sensitive information is a privilege I take very seriously. I know that participating in therapy on sensitive personal matters can sometimes feel intimidating, and especially if this is your first time reaching out for professional support, you may be feeling vulnerable. Rest assured, we can discuss your truest feelings and develop a plan to improve your life in a safe, compassionate space.
- I am a very good listener, but trust me. I will do more than listen. My style is interactive, and my clients tell me that I’m funny, wise, witty, and very down to earth, even when I’m holding them accountable.
- I’ve got your back… and I’ve also got some jokes. I keep therapy “light” and love to let the therapeutic power of humor do the heavy lifting.
- I firmly believe that there is no need for therapy to be re-traumatizing.
- You will be treated with respect. I believe that every person deserves to be treated with compassion, dignity, and respect. My door is open to everyone, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or identity.
I believe that differences can cause distance, but they can also bring us closer together.
By leveraging a progressive approach to foundational psychotherapy techniques, I help my clients recover, regain, and revive their lives and relationships. If you are ready to develop a plan to improve your life and/or develop a deeper connection with your partner.
More about me…
- Young adults/Millennials/Generation X who struggle with anxiety, dating, repeating the same mistakes, and processing the impact of past pain.
- Individuals or couples navigating BIPOC, Multicultural, Neurodivergence (ND), and relationship matters.
- Neurodiverse Individuals and Couples, (I work in supporting Neurodivergent Individuals and couples along with those that may have Intimacy and Sensory Processing challenges.)
- Couples coping with premarital issues, intimacy, infidelity, divorce, or remarriage concerns.
- LGBTQ, Poly, CNM+ couples
- Individuals and couples navigating major changes and life transitions.
- I also provide Coaching Services for all individuals who are seeking solution-focused guidance for creating a strategy to achieve a vision or goal. Coaching vs. Therapy: What’s The Difference
Bilingual in English/Farsi – Contact Me Today
Sensory Processing Disorder
Couples coping with infidelity
Healing and growth
Master’s Degree in Counseling – Johns Hopkins University
Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management – Loyola University of Chicago
Bachelor’s of Science in Social Work – University of Wisconsin
Explore my services and reference my blog for helpful relationship advice.
How Does Counseling Work?
All you need to do is show up and bring up any issues or concerns that you want to discuss. My counseling style is casual, light and interactive and from there we can work together to better understand your feelings and what makes you get stuck.
I will help you work through your emotions and to better understand yourself and your challenges.